- Ph.D., University of Nebraska, 1991
- M.S., University of Nebraska, 1977
- B.S., University of Tulsa, 1975
- CHME 114 Introduction to Chemical Engineeirng II
- CHME 202 Mass and Energy Balances
- CHME 223 Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics I
- CHME 330 Chemical Engineering Lab I
- CHME 331 Equilibrium Stage Operations
- CHME 475/875 Biochemical Separations
- Renewable energy and resources
- Utilization of agricultural wastes
- Enzyme reactions
UNL Digital Commons
Read full text versions of our faculty's past and current papers, competitive grant applications and patents online in the UNL Digital Commons.
- 1991 Ph.D., University of Nebraska
- 1977 M.S., University of Nebraska
- 1975 B.S., University of Tulsa
The research projects are aimed to enhance the value and use of agricultural products by more efficient use of resources and more environmentally sound manufacturing processes. The ultimate goal is to develop processes and to substitute materials from biologically derived raw material to substitute for petroleum-based products. The specific research projects include:
- Characterization and utilization of the by-product from the corn dry-grind ethanol production facilities.
- Cellulase production by solid state fermentation on wet corn distillers grains.
- Synthesis of immobilized enzymes for the transesterification and hydrolysis of triglycerides.
- Fuel ethanol from biomass: pretreatment and hydrolysis studies.
- An integrated approach to reduce risk of phosphorus pollution from the ethanol production facilities in surface waters.
- Hunter R. Flodman, Elizabeth J. Boyer, Arthy Muthukumarappan, Hossein Noureddini, “Extraction of Soluble Fiber from Distillers' Grains”, App. Biochem. Biotecnol., 166:1070-1081, (2012).
- Noureddini, H., J. Dang, “An Integrated Approach to the Degradation of Phytates in the Corn Wet Milling Process”, Bioresource Technol, 101:9106-9113, (2010).
- Noureddini, H., J. Byun, “Dilute-Acid Pretreatment of Distillers’ Dried Grain with Solubles (DDGS) and Corn Fiber”, Bioresource Technol, 101:1060-1067, (2010).
- Kumar, A., H. Noureddini, Y. Demirel, D. D. Jones, M. A. Hanna Simulation of Corn Stover and Distillers’ Grains gasification with Aspen Plus”, Transactions of the Am. Soc. Agric. Biol. Eng., 52:1989-1995, (2009).
- Noureddini, H., J. Byun, “Stagewise Pretreatment and Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Distillers’ Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) and Corn Fiber”, App. Biochem. Biotecnol., 159:553-567, (2009).
- Noureddini, H., J. Byun, S. Bandlamudi, E. Guthrie. “A Novel Method for the Production of Biodiesel from the Whole-Stillage-Extracted Corn Oil”, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 86:83-91, (2009).
- Noureddini, H., M. Malik, J. Byun, A. J. Ankeny, “Distribution of Phosphorus Compounds in the Corn Milling Operations”, Bioresource Technol, 100:731-736, (2009).
- Noureddini, H., J. Dang, “Degradation of Phytates in Distillers’ Grains and Corn Gluten Feed by Aspergillus niger Phytase”, App. Biochem. Biotecnol., 159:11-23, (2009).
- Noureddini, H., X. Gao, X., “Characterization of Sol-Gel Immobilized Lipases”, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 41:31-41, (2007).
- Noureddini, H., X. Gao, X., Philkana, R. S., “Immobilized Pseudomonas cepacia Lipase for Biodiesel Fuel Production from Soybean oil”, Bioresource Technol., 76:769-777, (2005).