- Ph.D. Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2013
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2008
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2007
- CHME 330 Chemical Engineering Lab I
- CHME 430/830 Chemical Engineering Lab II
- CHME 460/860 Automatic Process Control Lab
- CHME 462/862 Automatic Process Control
- The use of constructivist teaching, inductive teaching, active learning, and cooperative learning applied to engineering coursework
- The development of unit operations laboratory experiments
- The comparison of simulated and hands-on unit operations laboratories
UNL Digital Commons
Read full text versions of our faculty's past and current papers, competitive grant applications and patents online in the UNL Digital Commons.
- 2013 Ph.D. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- 2008 M.S. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Environmental Engineering
- 2007 B.S. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Chemical Engineering
Teaching and educational research interests include:
- the use of constructivist teaching, inductive teaching, active learning, and cooperative learning applied to engineering coursework
- the development of unit operations laboratory experiments
- the comparison of simulated and hands-on unit operations laboratories
- Flodman HR, Noureddini H. Effects of intermittent mechanical mixing on solid-state fermentation of wet corn distillers grain with Trichoderma reesei. Biochemical Engineering Journal 81 (2013) 24-28.
- Flodman HR, Timm DC. Batch Distillation Employing Cyclic Stripping and Rectification Operations. ISA Transactions 51 (2012) 454-460.
- Navrkal TW, Flodman HR, and Timm DC. A Water-Water Preheater and a Steam-Water Heater Network: Temperature Dynamics. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 55 (2012) 166-178.
- Flodman HR, Boyer EJ, Muthukumarappan A, Noureddini H. Extraction of Soluble Fiber from Distillers’ Grain. Applied Biochemistry Biotechnology 166 (2012) 1070-1081.
- Flodman HR, Dvorak BI. Brine Reuse in Ion Exchange Water Softening: Salt Discharge, Hardness Leakage, and Capacity Tradeoffs. Water Environment Research 84 (2012) 535-543.