ELEC 215: Electronics and Circuits I
The objectives for this course are for the students to:
- apply Kirchhoff's voltage and current laws and Ohm's law to linear circuits,
- perform node and loop analysis and solve using computers,
- analyze basic operational amplifier circuits,
- simplify circuits using parallel and series combinations and Thevenin's and Norton's equivalent circuits,
- predict the transient response of first and second order circuits,
- use complex numbers to develop impedance and admittance concepts and solve ac steady state circuits, and determine dc and single phase ac power in simple passive circuits.