ELEC 361: Advanced Electronics and Circuits
For the students to learn:
- transistor models for low and high frequency operation of electronic circuits, utilize them in the frequency response analysis of standard amplifier configurations, and make a suitable design choice for a certain application.
- the analysis and stability of feedback amplifiers.
- how amplifier output stages are analyzed and designed.
- how passive and active filters are realized given the filter specifications.
- the operation principle of oscillators and how various oscillators are designed.
- the operation of basic MOS and BJT based digital circuits and how complex gates are designed.
- the principles of sampling, quantization, and basic D/A and A/D conversion techniques.