ELEC 454/854: Power Systems Operation and Control
For the students to:
- learn to calculate the economic base points, before and after a change in load, for a system comprised of new thermal generating units.
- learn to calculate transmission losses for a power system.
- find the optimum unit commitment for a power system.
- learn to calculate the economic base points for a system comprised of few hydro units.
- understand the concepts and terminology used in interchange evaluation, power pools, and transmission issues.