ELEC 462/862: Communication Systems
For the students to:
- learn the basic principles and engineering issues involved in analog communication systems.
- learn frequency domain analysis of communication and related systems.
- learn the properties of the additive white Gaussian noise process and its frequency domain representation.
- be able to analyze the performance of analog communication systems in the presence of noise.
- learn to use advanced test and measurement equipment including spectrum analyzers and digital oscilloscopes and to make meaningful comparisons between measured and theoretical results.