ELEC 464/864: Digital Communication Systems
For the students to:
- become familiar with the performance capabilities of current digital communication systems.
- understand the conceptual and analytical differences between analog and digital communications.
- understand the significance and validity of the signal space model.
- understand the concepts behind single symbol and sequence optimal receiver design.
- be able to compute the probability of error of digital communication systems on the additive white Gaussian noise channel.
- understand the effect of nonideal channels.
- understand the design issues in a digital communication system.