2012 International Conference on System Simulation in Shanghai, China: April 2012
Professor Vakilzadian's academic career began in 1985 when he joined the faculty of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a Visiting Assistant Professor. Vakilzadian's field of expertise is in the area of modeling and simulation and their application on continuous and discrete systems which he is applying to digital systems and their architectures.
Vakilzadian has used his expertise in this area for organization of national and international technical and educational conferences such as International Conference on Simulation in Engineering Education and Western Simulation Multiconference. Due to this extensive work, he has been asked to serve as general chair, program chair, and publicity chair of these conferences. Vakilzadian's collaboration and contributions to the local section of IEEE and the local chapter of IEEE Computer Society and his broad experience in this area has resulted in his appointment as chair of West area, Region 4 of IEEE.
Professor Vakilzadian has published in the area of modeling and simulation and its broad areas of applications. He is the editor/co-editor of several educational hardbound volumes and the guest editor of the special issue of the Simulation Journal on simulation in engineering education. He has secured funding from sources such as NSF, Altera, HP as PI and Co-PI for his scientific work.
- Ph.D., 1985, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- M.S., 1978, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- B.S., 1971, University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- Modeling and Simulation of Digital Systems
- Modeling and Simulation of Continuous and Discrete Systems
- Embedded and Fuzzy Systems
- Field Programmable Gate Arrays
- Interconnection Networks
- 2012 International Conference on System Simulation, Shanghai, China, April 2012. The event focused on the integration of systems simulation technology for computers, information, networks, image processing and automatic controls in support of aerospace, automotive, military, nuclear, medical and other applications.
- H. Vakilzadian, "A Graduate Program in Modeling and Simulation," Proceedings of International Conference on Simulation and Multimedia in Engineering Education, pp.49-53, January 2003.
- H. Vakilzadian, "Virtual Prototyping of Embedded Systems Using VHDL," Proceedings of the International Conference on Simulation and Multimedia in Engineering Education, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 34-39, 2002.
- H. Vakilzadian, Codesign and Development of Embedded Systems, Proceedings of the International Conference on Simulation and Multimedia in Engineering Education, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 15 - 19, January 2001.
- H. Vakilzadian, Digital System Prototyping Using Altera's Design Laboratory Package, Proceedings of the 2000 Summer Simulation Conference, pp. 51- 56, Vancouver, British Columbia, July 2000.
- H. Vakilzadian, J. Holbrook, "A VHDL Library for Teaching and Research in Neural Networks," Proceedings of the International Conference on Simulation in Engineering Education, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 35-40, January 1997.
- H. Sharif, H. Vakilzadian, and H. Jiang, "Design and Simulation of a Serial-link Interconnection Network for a Massively Parallel Computer System," Proceedings of the 1994 Workshop on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, pp. 115-119, Durham, NC, February 1994.
- H. Sharif and H. Vakilzadian," Message Combining and Routing Architecture in Multistage Interconnection Networks," Proceedings of the 1999 Communication Networks and Distributed Systems Modeling and Simulation Conference, pp.111-116, San Francisco, CA, January 1999.
- H. Vakilzadian and S. Schallenberg, Modeling and Simulation of Buffered Routing Switches in Serial Link Interconnection Networks, Proceedings of the 1999 Summer Computer Simulation Conference, pp. 370-375, Chicago, IL, July 1999.
- H. Sharif and H. Vakilzadian "Interconnection Network Front-End Controller Combining to Reduce Hot Spots," Journal of Computer Communications, Special issues-COMCOM 20/12, pp. 1089-1097, Nov. 97.
- H. Sharif, H. Vakilzadian, and S. Nagisetty, "Design and Analysis of a Serial Link Interconnection Network Architecture," Computer Systems: Science and Eng., Vol. II, No. 5, pp. 287-299, Sept. 96.
- H. Vakilzadian and M. Ismail, "A Computer Aided Design Tool Kit for Continuous/Discrete Systems Based on Continued Fractions," Inter. Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, Special Issues on Fundamental Methods in Computer Aided Circuit Design, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 593-607, Dec. 1991.