Dr. M. Susan Hallbeck
In the news:
Places recently published
- Brown-Clerk, B.J., de Laveaga, A.E., LaGrange, C.A., Wirth, L.M., Lowndes, B.R. and Hallbeck, M.S. Laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgery versus conventional laparoscopic surgery: Comparison of surgical port performance in a surgical simulator with novices. Surgical Endoscopy, In Press.
- Brown-Clerk, B., Rousek, J.B., Lowndes, B.R., Eikhout, S.M. and Hallbeck, M.S. Assessment of electrosurgical hand controls integrated into a laparoscopic grasper. Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies, In Press.
- Kong, Y.-K, Hallbeck, M.S. and Jung, M.-C. (2010). Crosstalk effect on surface electromyogram of the forearm flexors during a static grip task. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 20, 1223-1229.
- de Laveaga, A.E., LaGrange, C.A., Brown-Clerk, B.J. and Hallbeck, M.S. (2010). Mechanical comparison of laparaoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgical ports. Journal of Endourology, 24, Supplement 1, A281-A282.
- Brown-Clerk, B.J., de Laveaga, A.E, LaGrange, C.A., Lowndes, B.R., Wirth, L.M. and Hallbeck, M.S. (2010). Evaluation of laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) ports in a validated inanimate laparoscopic training model. Journal of Endourology, 24, Supplement 1, A283.
1. Hallbeck, M.S., Bosch, T., Van Rhijn, Gu (J.W.), Krause, F., De Looze, M.P. and Vink, P. (2010). A tool for early workstation design for small and medium enterprises evaluated in 5 cases. Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing & Service Industries, 20(4), 300–315.
Offices and Board Positions Held
- ANSI Committee on Industrial Engineering Terminology: Subcommittee Chair of Anthropometry and Biomechanics (Z94-2) 1991-1994, 2000-2003
- I have also been elected PDTG technical group chair 2011-2013 and am on the accreditatio committee for the Exec Cmte
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Executive Committee (elected) 2008-2011
- Lead of Education and Outreach sub-committee 2009
- Budget and Finance Committee member 2008-2010
- Accreditation Committee member 2010-2011
- Product Design Technical Group (PDTG) of the Human Factors Society
- National Program Chair 1999-2002
- Judge for the 2005 and 2010 User-Centered Product Design Award
- Session Chair at the 47th – 54th Annual Meeting 2003-2010
- Executive Committee 2003-2011
- Technical Group Chair 2011-2013