Dr. Jeonghan Ko is an Assistant Professor of Industrial and Management Systems Engineering. Dr. Ko's research areas include applied operations research, manufacturing systems, supply chains, lean systems, service systems, product design, manufacturing sustainability, and energy system operation. He teaches courses in operations research, manufacturing, supply chains, and design.
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.S., Seoul National University
- B.S., Seoul National University
- Applied operations research
- Assembly supply chains
- Manufacturing systems with uncertainty
- Product assembly
- Lean manufacturing/service systems
- Spatial modeling and planning of public service systems
- Operation of large-scale energy systems with uncertainty
- Hu, S. J., Ko, J., Weyand, L., ElMaraghy, H. A., Lien, T. K., Koren, Y., Bley, H., Chryssolouris, G., Nasr, N. and Shpitalni, M., “Assembly system design and operation for product variety,” CIRP Annals, 60(2), 2011.
- Cui, X., Zhang, H., Wang, S., Zhang, L. and Ko, J., “Design of lightweight multi-material automotive bodies using new material performance indices of thin-walled beams for the material selection with crashworthiness consideration,” Materials and Design, 32(2), pp. 815-821, 2011.
- Nazarian, E., Ko, J. and Wang, H., “Design of multi-product manufacturing lines with the consideration of product-change dependent inter-task times, reduced changeover and machine flexibility,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 29(1), pp. 35-46, 2010.
- Wang, H., Ko, J., Zhu, X. and Hu, S. J., “A complexity model for assembly supply chains and its application in the configuration selection,” Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 132(2), 021005, 2010.
- Ko, J. and Hu, S. J., “Manufacturing system design considering stochastic product evolution and task recurrence,” Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 131(5), 051012, 2009.
- Ko, J. and Hu, S. J., “Balancing of manufacturing systems with complex configurations for delayed product differentiation,” International Journal of Production Research, 46(15), pp. 4285-4308, 2008.
- Bryan, A., Ko, J., Hu, S. J. and Koren, Y., “Co-evolution of product families and assembly systems,” CIRP Annals, 56(1), pp. 41-44, 2007.
- Ko, J., Hu, S. J. and Huang, T., “Reusability assessment for manufacturing systems,” CIRP Annals, 54(1), pp. 113-116, 2005.
- Cho, Y. B., Ko, J., Sin, H. C. and Byun, J. H., “A study of the European side impact characteristics of electric vehicles (I),” Transactions of the Korean SAE, 8(5), 2000.
- “Module-centric approach to integrated adaptation of assembly products and supply chains,” National Science Foundation (NSF), $380,074, 2011 – 2014, PI: Jeonghan Ko, Co-PIs: Jeffrey Abell and S. Jack Hu.
- “Integrated approach for enhanced healthcare accessibility, utilization and districting by mathematical optimization combined with geographical information systems (GIS),” John C. and Nettie V. David Memorial Trust Fund through University of Nebraska Research Council Competition, $20,000, 2011 – 2012, PI: Jeonghan Ko, Co-PI: Yunwoo Nam.
- “Chiller operation optimization for the UNL campus,” Facilities Management & Planning at UNL and NU Corporation, $40,000 (Estimated for student support), 2010 – 2011, PI: Jeonghan Ko, Co-PIs: Kamlakar P. Rajurkar.
- “Analysis of the benefits of the Tenneco Cozad plant to the Tenneco supply chain network,” Nebraska Department of Economic Development, $15,000, 2009 – 2010, PI: Jeonghan Ko, Co-PI: Erick C. Jones.
Honors and Awards
- Recognition for Contributions to Students, The Teaching Council and the Parents Association, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2011
- Honorable Mention (2nd Place), Engineering-Week Presentation, University of Nebraska-Lincoln: For the paper presentation by a Ph.D. student: "Overload Minimization in District-based Service Planning by the Integrated Redistricting and Allocation with Intra-district Service Transfer and Use of GIS Data," 2011
- Fellow, The 2010 Research Development Fellows Program, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Young Researcher Connection, INFORMS Practice Conference, 2010
- Nomination, Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies, University of Michigan, 2007
- Logistics in the Supply Chain (IMSE 883)
- Manufacturing Systems (IMSE 475/875)
- Stochastic Operations Research Models (IMSE 428/828)
- Product Assembly Modeling (IMSE 498/898)
- Manufacturing Engineering (IMSE 375)
- Chair, Technical Committee on Manufacturing Systems Term: 2010 – 2012, Manufacturing Engineering Division (MED) American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Organized technical sessions for Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) Annual Meetings: 2007 ~ 2011
- Organized technical sessions for American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conferences: 2008 ~ 2011
Membership in Professional Associations
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Industry Studies Association (ISA)
- Alpha Pi Mu (IE Honorary Society)