The department provides both Research Assistantships (RAs) and Teaching Assistantships (TAs) to qualified students on a competitive basis.
- Teaching Assistantships: Current students who have a permanent advisor and are interested in receiving a teaching assistantship (TA) or wishing to renew a TA should complete the attached form and return it to the Graduate Secretary. New students interested in receiving a TA should indicate this on their application form. Teaching assistantships are provided by the department normally only as short term support.
- Research Assistantships: Students interested in research assistantships should directly contact faculty (view the research powerpoint) in the area of their planned studies and inquire about availability of support. New applicant should also indicate this on their application form.
Current Opportunities: External Sources
Amelia Earhart Fellowships for Women (2012-13 academic year)
- For women pursuing a full-time Ph.D./doctoral degree in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering
- U.S. $10,000 fellowship
- Approximately 35 fellowships to be awarded in 2012
- Visit the Zonta International website for more information