CHME - Points of Excellence
Points of Excellence
- UNL’s Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering equips students for valuable careers in a growing industry, shaped by society’s needs for more and better products and solutions.
- Regard for our program is high among employers and advanced degree institutions, with CHME graduates demonstrating solid knowledge from the classroom applied in learning opportunities such as UCARE (Undergraduate Creative Activities and Research Experiences), working with faculty.
- UNL’s chemical and biomolecular engineering students readily secure internship and co-op opportunities that enhance their career paths.
- The CHME program helps the world through such innovative research projects as:
- developing regenerative medical materials
- advancing cutting edge genomic techniques like ultra-fast polymerase chain reaction (PCR) against emerging diseases
- generating processes for sustainable biofuels production
- creating a device to give robots a human sense of touch using nanotechnology