Mohamed Dahab, Ph.D., P.E.
Office: N104 SEC, Lincoln, NE 68588-6105
Research Areas: Sustainable systems for water quality improvement including biological treatment, nutrients removal; biosolids and energy management; water reuse; pollution prevention; and the use of natural systems for wastewater treatment.
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Iowa State University
M.S., Civil Engineering, Iowa State University
B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Iowa
- Past-President of the Water Environment Federation - Served as President (2006-2007)
- Past-Chair and member of the USA National Committee of the International Water Association (June 2008 - present).
- Named People to People Citizen Ambassador Program Leader and invited to lead a delegation of Global Water Environment Ambassadors to the People’s Republic of China, (Nov. 2008).
- Member of the Scientific Program Committee of the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) and the World Water Week in Stockholm, 2008-2013.
- Named Chair, U.S.A. Selection Committee of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize (2009-present).
- Fulbright Research Scholar at the University of Agriculture and Natural Resources Sciences, (Universität für Bodenkultur-Wien ), Vienna, Austria, 1997.
Environmental Engineering Analysis and Design
- Aslan, S., Miller, L. and Dahab, M., 2008, "Ammonium oxidation via nitrite accumulation under limited oxygen concentration in sequencing batch reactors," Bioresource Technology, 100, 2, 559-664.
- Rabah, F.K.J., M.F. Dahab, and T.C. Zhang, 2007, "Estimation of the intrinsic maximum substrate utilization rate using biofilm batch reactors: a proposed methodology," Water Environment Research, 79, 8, 887-892.
- Zhang, T. C., M.F. Dahab, G. Nunes, C. Hu, and R. Surampalli, 2007, "Phosphorus fate and transport in soil columns loaded intermittently with influent of high phosphorus concentrations," Water Environment Research, 79, 11, 2343-2351.
- Liu, W., M.F. Dahab, and R.Y. Surampalli, 2005, "Nitrogen transformations modeling in subsurface flow constructed wetlands," Water Environment Research, 77, 3, 246-258.
- Rabah, F.K., M.F. Dahab, 2004, “Biofilm and biomass characteristics in high performance fluidized-bed biofilm reactors,” Water Research, 38, 19, 4262-4270.
- Rabah, F.K., M.F. Dahab, 2004, “Nitrate removal characteristics of high performance fluidized-bed biofilm reactors,” Water Research, 38,17, 3719-3728.
- Botrous, A.E.F., M.F. Dahab, and P. Miháltz, 2004, “Nitrification of high-strength ammonium wastewater by a fluidized-bed reactor,” Water Science and Technology, 49, 5-6, 65-71.