Submit application materials below to UNL Graduate Studies:
- Graduate Studies Application Form - Complete online1
- General and Subject GRE report report - Recommended but not required: Submit official (no photocopies). Additional reports can be ordered from ETS online.
- Transcripts - Submit official (no photocopies) transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. All applicants send one official transcript to UNL Graduate Studies.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants living outside USA:
- TOEFL Scores - Submit official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Test scores can be no more than two years old. Send one official TOEFL report to UNL Graduate Studies. Request ETS online to send an official report.
Submit application fee (check or money order for $50 payable to "UNL Graduate Studies" or include credit card information on online Graduate Studies Application Form above).
Financial Resource Certification Form:
Complete and submit the Financial Resource Certification Form with the Estimated Annual Expenses. Documentation of support will also be required of anyone seeking F-1 (Students) or a J-1 Visa.
Once you have completed the Graduate Studies Application online you will receive an email welcoming you to our new GAMES system (usually within 24 hours). When you have received this email, please go to your GAMES site and complete the following pages:
- Personal Information – Regardless of where you live you must choose a STATE and COUNTRY option when completing your address or GAMES will show this information incomplete.
- Area of Interest – choose a first area of interest. A second area of interest is optional.
- Supporting Files – Upload your one-page personal statement*, CV, abstracts or other supporting information in .pdf format. DO NOT upload your transcripts.
- References – Fill in name, address and email address for three recommenders. An email address must be given so that your recommenders receive an email telling them how to download their letters of recommendation* directly to your application site.
- *One-Page Personal Statement – Submit one page describing long-term goals, how graduate studies in Civil Engineering at Nebraska will help you achieve your goals, and any additional information you think will help in evaluating your application.
- *Letters of Recommendation – If a recommender does not have email access, letters and recommendation form may be submitted in the following manner: 1) sent in sealed envelopes, 2) sent directly by the person writing the letter to the Civil Engineering Department address listed below.
Office of Graduate Studies
Department of Civil Engineering
Dr. Shannon Bartelt-Hunt