College Announces Winners of Student Awards, Scholarships
Fifty students received College of Engineering awards and scholarships this spring.
Erica Levorson accepts the O.J. Ferguson Outstanding Leadership Award from Nate Lowry, president of the Engineering Student Advisory Board.
- Katie Vlock, civil engineering, received the Al and Dorothy Schewe Leadership Award, given to a student who demonstrates outstanding leadership and involvement in the college and the university.
- Winners of the 2007 O.J. Ferguson Outstanding Leadership awards, given to students who demonstrate outstanding leadership in the college, are Brent Hansen, sophomore, biological systems engineering; Andrew Schroll, junior, mechanical engineering; and Erica Levorson, senior, biological systems engineering.
- The Sigma Tau Chapter of Tau Beta Phi, the engineering honor society, has awarded scholarships to: Hong Wei Tan, mechanical engineering; Megan Krause, biological systems engineering; Robert Mumgaard, mechanical engineering; Issar Yazhbin, biological systems engineering; and Jeffrey Hoover, electrical engineering.
- The Departmental Outstanding Senior Awards are given annually to recognize students who have been outstanding in academics, research, student involvement and volunteer service. The 2007 recipients are: Agricultural Engineering-Bart Coffman; Architectural Engineering-Clayton Miller; Biological Systems Engineering-Nicholas Tomsen; Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering-Mitchell Mundt; Civil Engineering-Josh Mellinger and Christie Hasenkamp; Computer Engineering-Brandon Smith; Computer and Electronics Engineering-Luke Christiansen Construction Management-Jason Villalobos; Construction Systems-Nicholas Haynes; Electrical Engineering-Craig Zuhlke; Industrial and Management Systems Engineering-Lauren Tietgen; and Mechanical Engineering-Shane Unick.
- Jenna Rihanek, civil engineering and architecture, won the James S. Blackman Scholarship for Excellence in Engineering ($5,000).
- These 24 students have received Milton E. Mohr scholarships ($1,000 each): David J. Bennier, civil engineering; Ryan C. Carlson, electrical engineering; Jesse Deffenbaugh, construction management; Jason P. Eden, industrial and management systems engineering; Emily A. Guthrie, chemical engineering; Brant Hubbard, biochemistry; Brian D. Irish, electrical engineering; Grant A. Jacobson, chemical engineering; Wendy Keeler, mechanical engineering; Shannon M. Killion, biological systems engineering; Bahar Laderian, electrical engineering; Erica Levorson, biological systems engineering; Andrew Lingenfelter, mechanical engineering; Sarah A. Manning, industrial and management systems engineering; Michaela McBride, biological systems engineering; Chiev V. Nuyen, chemical engineering; Tim L. Ockinga, construction management; Eric J. Ohnoutka, chemical engineering; Lee K. Redden, mechanical engineering; Jenna Rihanek, civil engineering and architecture; MinJeong Schneider, chemical engineering; Justine Smith, industrial and management systems engineering; John B. Tooker, computer engineering; and Luke Wilson, computer engineering.
- In addition to current students, four incoming students also have received engineering scholarships:
Louis J. Kash Scholarship ($1,000)-Erick Ryan Schmidt, Lexington High School Lester V. and Helen R. Jones Scholars ($5,000)-Ian Barger, Adam Thorne and Anthony Vincente, all of Lincoln Northeast High School.