Students interested in applying to the The Durham School programs in Architectural Engineering or Construction should follow the procedures outlined on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering Graduate Programs site. Students should also understand the needed qualifications for each program.
- Architectural Engineering Graduate Program Requirements
- Construction Graduate Program Requirements
- UNL Graduate Studies Application
Changing your academic program to Construction or Architectural Engineering from within the College of Engineering:
Students who wish to switch to Construction or AE graduate programs who have already applied or are enrolled in other College of Engineering programs (e.g., from M.S. Civil to M.S. Construction) should do the following:
- Apply via Graduate Studies online at http://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/. Students should include a note in the comments section of the online application that they intend to change programs. NOTE: The application fee will be waived if the student is already enrolled in a UNL graduate program.
- Request their previous department to send a PDF of their GAMES application to the Graduate Administrative Assistant, Cassandra Yates, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The student can do this by logging into the GAMES application and choosing the option “Collate to PDF”. This PDF will include all of the materials already submitted by the student for the previous program: reference letters, statement of purpose, etc. It is very important that the student completes this step, as Graduate Studies does not transfer application materials through GAMES from one program to another.
- Once the PDF has been received, the materials will be uploaded to the new GAMES application in Construction Programs.
- The Construction Graduate Committee will review the applicant on October 15 or February 15, depending on the application date.