Structural Research Lab
Lab Director: Chris Tuan
Lab Manager: Kelvin Lein
- Over 5,000 square feet of floor space to accommodate various testing needs.
- 30-foot high reaction wall that supports horizontal force up to 1,000,000 lbs
- 25-ton overhead crane suspended over 60 ft by 90 ft structural testing floor.
- Testing floor that has tie-downs spaced at 3 feet in one direction and 10 feet in the other direction with a load capacity of 320,000 lbs per tie-down.
- 60-foot long prestressing bed with prestressing capacity of 1,600,000 lbs.
- Two computer controlled MTS that has a tension and compression capacity of 55,000 lbs and 110,000 lbs for fatigue testing
- Two Ground Penetrating Radar equipments with 1.5 GHz and 400 MHz antennas for concrete and utility inspection.