Ming HanAssociate Chair, Associate Professor
- Ph.D., 2006 Electrical Engineering, Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia
- M.S., 2000 Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University Beijing, China
- B.S., 1998 Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University Beijing, China
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Optical sensors/actuators for structural health monitoring
- Micro/nano photonic devices and structures
- Optical biochemical sensors
Apr 03, 2015: Engineers develop next-gen temperature sensor
- T. Q. Liu, L. L. Hu, and M. Han, “Multiplexed fiber-ring laser sensors for ultrasonic detection,” Optics Express 21, 30473-30480 (2013).
- M. Han, T.Q. Liu, L.L. Hu, and Q. Zhang, “Intensity-demodulated fiber-ring laser sensor system for acoustic emission detection,” Optics Express 21, 29269-29276 (2013).
- Q. Zhang, N. J. Ianno, and M. Han, “Fiber-optic refractometer based on etched high-Q π-phase-shifted fiber Bragg grating,” Sensors 13, 8827-8834 (2013).
- J.J. Tian, Y.J. Lu, Q. Zhang, and M. Han, “Microfluidic refractive index sensors based on an all-silica in-line Fabry–Perot interferometer fabricated with microstructured fibers,” Optics Express 21, 6633-6639 (2013).
- J.J. Tian, Q. Zhang, and M. Han, “Distributed fiber-optic laser-ultrasound generation based on ghost mode of tilted fiber Bragg gratings,” Optics Express 21, 6109-6114 (2013).
- J.J. Tian, Q. Zhang, T. Fink, H. Li, W.Peng, and M. Han, “Tuning operating point of extrinsic Fabry-Perot interferometric fiber-optic sensors using microstructured fiber and gas pressure,” Optics Letters 37, 4672-4674 (2012)
- Q. Zhang, N. Liu, T. Fink, H. Li, W. Peng, and M. Han, “Fiber-optic pressure sensor based on π-phase-shifted fiber Bragg grating on side-hole fiber,” Photonics Technology Letters 24, 1519-1522 (2012)
- F.W. Guo, T. Fink, M. Han, L. Koester, J. Turner, and J.S. Huang, “High-sensitivity, high-frequency extrinsic Fabry-Perot interferometric fiber-tip sensor based on a thin silver diaphragm,” Optics Letters 37, 1505-1507 (2012)
- T.Q. Liu and M. Han, “Analysis of π-phase-shifted fiber Bragg gratings for ultrasonic detection,” IEEE Sensors Journal 12, 2368-2373 (2012)