- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 1986
- M.S.E.E., Texas A&M University, 1981
- B.S.E.E., Texas A&M University, 1978
- Advanced computer applications in planning, design, and operation of electric power systems including distributed generation
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of power systems under uncertainty
- Impact of maintenance and equipment aging on system reliability
- Survivability and vulnerability assessment of energy infrastructure
- Monitoring, diagnostics, and control of electric power systems
About Sohrab Asgarpoor
- Optimum Maintenance Strategies for Maximizing the Availability of Wind Farms
- Modeling and Simulation of the Effects of Distributed Generation Dynamics on Distribution Systems
- Modeling and Simulation of Distributed Generation with Dynamic Load Conditions
- Reliability Modeling and Maintenance Optimization of Aging Substations
- Power System Studies Using Advanced Computer Software
- Expected Cost Penalty Due to Deviation from the Economic Dispatch for Interconnected Power Systems
- S. Kahrobaee, R. Rajabzadeh, L.-K. Soh, and S. Asgarpoor, “A Multigent Modeling and Investigation of Smart Homes with Power Generation, Storage, and Trading Features,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no.2, pp. 659- 668, Jun. 2013.
S. Kahrobaee, S. Asgarpoor, W. Qiao, “Optimum Sizing of Distributed Generation and Storage Capacity in Smart Households,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1791-1801, Dec. 2013.
Haifeng Ge and S. Asgarpoor, “Reliability and Maintainability Improvement of Substations with Aging Infrastructure,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2012, pp. 1868-1876.
S. Kahrobaee, R. A. Rajabzadeh, L. K. Soh, and S. Asgarpoor, “A multiagent Modeling and Investigation of Smart Homes with Power generation, Storage, and Trading features, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. PP, No. 99, 2012.
Haifeng Ge and S. Asgarpoor, “Parallel Monte-Carlo Simulation for Reliability and Cost Evaluation of Equipment and Systems,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 81, No. 2, February 2011, pp. 347-356.
Haifeng Ge, S. Asgarpoor, and J. Hou, “Aging equipment Maintainability Assessment for Management of Critical Utility Assets,” 2011 IEEE PES General Meeting, Detroit MI, July, 2011, 7 pages.
H. Ge and S. Asgarpoor, “Reliability Evaluation of Equipment and Substations with Fuzzy Markov Processes,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 25, No. 3, August 2010, pp. 1319-1328.