The College Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award is presented annually to up to three faculty members (one at each rank) in the College of Engineering for activities associated with investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and/or interpretation of facts as well as the development of creative works or new products. A selection committee appointed by the Dean and composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to all ranks of faculty members in the College of Engineering.
- An individual may be nominated by any faculty, staff, student or alumnus of the College of Engineering; self-nominations are accepted.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- All submitted data should be from the last three academic years only: (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13).
- A person may not be nominated again at the same rank if she/he has received this award in the last five years; consequently recipients receiving the award in 2009 or later are ineligible for the 2014 award. A list of past recipients may be found on the college website: http://engineering.unl.edu/faculty-staff-resources/awards.shtml
- The Unit Heads will be asked to rank the nominations received from their academic unit, for each category of faculty rank, so that only the top nomination per academic unit at each faculty rank is forwarded for College review.
- Each recipient of this award receives $2500.
- DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form: Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.