The Edgerton Innovation Award is presented annually to up to one tenure-track junior faculty member in the College of Engineering who has 1) successfully attracted funding from state, federal, and private agencies; 2) integrated research with graduate and undergraduate education; and 3) suggested novel and innovative ideas and projects. A selection committee appointed by the Dean and composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to tenure-track faculty members at the rank of assistant professor in the College of Engineering.
- An individual must be nominated by the Chair or Director of his/her academic unit.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- A person may not be nominated again if she/he has received this award in the last five years; consequently recipients receiving the award in 2009 or later are ineligible for the 2014 award. A list of past recipients may be found on the college website: http://engineering.unl.edu/faculty-staff-resources/awards.shtml
- The recipient of this award receives a $2,500 cash award; $10,000 towards a new Ph.D. student assistantship; and $10,000 in unrestricted research funds.
- DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form: Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.