The Holling Family Distinguished Teaching/Advising/Mentoring Award is presented annually to up to two faculty members (one based in Lincoln and one based in Omaha) in the College of Engineering who have demonstrated effectiveness as advisers and mentors, as well as classroom teachers. The Engineering Student Advisory Board (eSAB) makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to all ranks of faculty members in the College of Engineering.
- An individual may be nominated by any current student of the College of Engineering.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- A person may not be nominated again at the same rank if she/he has received this award in the last five years; consequently recipients receiving the award in 2009 or later are ineligible for the 2014 award. A list of past recipients may be found on the college website: http://engineering.unl.edu/faculty-staff-resources/awards.shtml
- Each recipient of this award receives $2500.
- DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form: Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.