The College of Engineering Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award is presented annually to a graduate student in the College of Engineering in recognition of original work in the form of a Master’s thesis that has made an unusually significant contribution to the discipline. Awards will be made on the basis of both methodological and substantive quality. A selection committee composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to graduate students in the UNL College of Engineering who have submitted their Master’s thesis for graduation in August 2013, December 2013, or May 2014.
- Individuals who have received a Ph.D. (or comparable research degree) in any discipline, prior to writing the Master’s thesis, are not eligible.
- Previous recipients of this award are not eligible.
- An individual must be nominated by tenure-line faculty members.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents preferably in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- The recipient of this award will receive a certificate and a cash award of $500, and be honored at the annual College-wide Graduate Student Recognition Event, typically held on the day of E-Week Open House.
- The DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form is Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.