MME - Graduate Fellowships/Assistantships
Fellowships and Assistantships
Application Deadlines for the M.S. - Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics program and the Ph.D. – Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics program (effective with the Spring 2016 entry term):
UNL Office of Graduate Studies
The department provides both Research Assistantships (RAs) and Teaching Assistantships (TAs) to qualified students on a competitive basis.
- Teaching Assistantships: Current students who have a permanent advisor and are interested in receiving a teaching assistantship (TA) or wishing to renew a TA should complete the TA form and return it to Graduate Secretary. New students interested in receiving a TA should indicate this on their application form. Teaching assistantships are provided by the department normally only as short term support.
- Research Assistantships: Students interested in research assistantships should directly contact our faculty (view our research areas) in the area of their planned studies and inquire about availability of support. New applicant should also indicate this on their application form.
Current Opportunities: External Sources
- For women pursuing a full-time Ph.D./doctoral degree in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering
- U.S. $10,000 fellowship
- Approximately 35 fellowships awarded in 2012
- Visit the Zonta International website for more information