- Ph.D., 1993 University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- M.S., 1989 University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- B.S., 1984 Lehigh
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Abrasive Flow Machining
- Nontraditional Finishing Processes
- Rapid Prototyping
About Robert Williams
Dr. Robert Williams is an associate professor of Mechanical & Materials Engineering. His research areas include Abrasive Flow Machining, Nontraditional Finishing Processes, Rapid Prototyping and Tooling.
- Hao, J., Williams, R.E., Fang, L., “A Curvature-based Optimal Partition of Large-Scale STL Models,” In Print, Rapid Prototyping Journal, April 2010.
- Williams, R.E., Walczyk, D.F., and Dang, H.T., “Using Abrasive Flow Machining to Finish and Seal Conformal Channels in Laminated Tooling,” Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 13, No. 2, 2007, pp. 64-75.
- Williams, R., Huang, Y., Melkote, S., Kinsey, B., Sun, W., and Yao, D., "Recent Advances in Micro/Meso-Scale Manufacturing Processes," IMECE2005-79889, 2005 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Nov. 5-11, Orlando, Fl.
- Williams, R., "An Investigation of the Sources of Acoustic Emission in the AFM Process Using a New Technique," Transactions of NAMRI/SME, Vol. 32, 2004, pp.191-198.
- Williams, R.E. 1998. "Acoustic Emission Characteristics of Abrasive Flow Machining." ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 264-271.
- Williams, R.E., and V.L. Melton. 1998. "Abrasive Flow Finishing of Stereolithography Prototypes." Rapid Prototyping Journal. vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 56-67.
- Williams, R.E., S. Komaragiri, R. Bishu, and V.L. Melton. 1996. "Investigation of the Effect of Various Build Methods on the Performance of Rapid Prototyping (Stereolithography)." Journal of Materials Processing Technology. vol. 61, nos. 1-2, pp. 173-178.
- Loveless, T.R., R.E. Williams, and K.P. Rajurkar. 1994. "A Study of the Effects of Abrasive Flow Finishing on Various Machined Surfaces." Journal of Materials Processing Technology. vol. 47, no. 1-2, pp. 133-151.