- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, December 2010, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, N.Y.
- M.E., Mechanical Engineering, August 2007, City College of New York, NYC, N.Y.
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, May 2005, City College of New York, NYC, N.Y.
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Micro/Nano systems energy conversion, storage and power generation
- Two-phase heat transfer in Micro and Nano domains
- Microscale combustion
- Microfluidics & Functional nanofluids
- BioMEMS & Bioheat transfer
- Surface & Interface Science
- Micro / Nanostructures fabrication
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2012 – present
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2011-12
Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Chemical Engineering, MIT Institute for Soldier Nanotechnology
- Photonic Crystals Comprising Polycrystalline Refractory Metals and/or Alloys and Associated Methods, 2012, Patent Filed.
- Rinnerbauer, V. and Ndao, S., Yeng, Y. X., Bermel, P., Senkevich, J., Jensen K. F., Joannopoulos, J. D., Soljačić, M., and Celanovic, I., “Large-area fabrication of high aspect ratio tantalum photonic crystals for high-temperature selective emitters,” submitted to the Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B
- Ndao, S., Jensen, K. F, King, D. R., “Design and demonstration of a far-forward battery-less fluid warmer for combat” submitted to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery
- Ndao, S., Peles, Y., and Jensen, M. K., “Micro device design and fabrication for the experimental investigation of jet impingement on an array of micro pin fins,” submitted to the ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging
- Rinnerbauer, V., Ndao, S., Yeng, Y. X., Bermel, P., Senkevich, J., Celanovic, I., and Soljačić, M., “Recent developments in high-temperature photonic crystals,” Energy Environmental Science, 5 (10), pp. 8815 – 8823, 2012
- Ndao, S., Peles, Y., and Jensen, M. K., “Experimental investigation of flow boiling heat transfer of jet impingement on smooth and micro structured surfaces,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 55(19-20), pp. 5093–5101, 2012
- Ndao, S., Peles, Y., and Jensen, M. K., “Effects of pin fin shape and configuration on the single-phase heat transfer characteristics of jet impingement on micron pin fins,” under review, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer
- Ndao, S., Lee, H. J., Peles, Y., and Jensen, M. K., “Heat transfer enhancement from micro pin fins subjected to an impinging jet,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 55(1-3), pp. 413-421, 2012
- Basu S., Ndao S., Michna G. J., Peles Y., and Jensen M. K., “Flow boiling of R134a in circular microtubes. Part II: study of critical heat flux condition,” Journal of Heat Transfer, 133(5), 051503, 2011
- Basu S., Ndao S., Michna G.J., Peles Y., and Jensen M. K., “Flow boiling of R134a in circular microtubes. Part I: study of heat transfer characteristics,” Journal of Heat Transfer, 133(5), 051502, 2011
- Ndao, S., Peles, Y., and Jensen M. K., “Multi-objective thermal design optimization and comparative analysis of electronics cooling technologies," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 52(19-20), pp. 4317-4326, 2009