Wieslaw SzydlowskiAssociate Professor
- Ph.D., 1975 Technical University of Warsaw, Poland
- M.S., 1966 Technical University of Warsaw, Poland
- Analysis and synthesis of mechanisms
- Computer simulation of mechanical systems
- Dynamics of machinery (mechanical impact and mechanisms of intermittent motion with clearances in particular)
- Redundant constraints in large mechanical systems
- Application of genetic algorithm to machine design.
About Wieslaw Szydlowski
In 1992 Dr. Szydlowski formally joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering as an Associate Professor, after 19 years at Technical University of Warsaw Poland and 10 years as a visiting faculty member at UNL. He is a member of Pi Tau Sigma and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Szydlowski, W. and Lawrence, C., "Surface Topology Optimization of Water Tanks using Genetic Algorithm," International Mechanical Engineering Congress and R&D Expo, Washington, D.C., November 15-21, 2003.
- Szydlowski, W., "Using a Rapid Prototyping Machine in the Integrated Kinematics, Dynamics and Machine Design Lab," 31st ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Reno, NV, October 10-13, 2001.
- Szydlowski, W., "Self-Aligning Mechanisms - Forgotten Part of ME Curriculum", ASEE Annual Conference 2000, St. Louis, June 18-21, 2000.
- Szydlowski, W., "The Adjustment Calculus - an Interesting Part of Kinematics", ASEE Annual Conference 2000, St. Louis, June 18-21, 2000.