|N.U.B.E. Camp Details|
August 19, 2015 to August 20, 2015|
Omaha: August 19, 2015 to August 20, 2015
Register Online Today
NEBRASKA UNDERGRADUATES BECOMING ENGINEERS
What is N.U.B.E. Camp?An overnight retreat that gives new engineering students a head start in their transition to college. N.U.B.E. camp will give incoming first-year students the opportunity to meet fellow classmates, faculty, staff, and professional engineering industry representatives. There will be a variety of social activities, interactive teambuilding, and resourceful information given to the students.
When is N.U.B.E. Camp?Students start camp on their respective campus on Wednesday, Aug. 19. During this time, students will participate in pre-camp activities designated by their respective campus. Then, Lincoln and Omaha students, faculty and staff will board buses and meet in the middle at Camp Kitaki in Louisville for over 24 hours of outdoor adventures and team-building exercises. Students return to their home campus the evening of Thursday, Aug. 20 and will be responsible for their own dinner.
What will I do there?
- Meet your engineering classmates
- Meet engineering faculty, staff, and professional engineering industry representatives
- Learn about academic and campus resources
- Get invaluable advice from current students and faculty
- Participate in challenging activities that will inspire you on your college journey
- Have fun!
Is there a fee?A fee of $90.00 will be collected. The fee covers meals, housing, transportation, and program materials.
How do I sign up?To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted in the College of Engineering on either the Omaha or Lincoln campus.
- Be enrolled in the College of Engineering and registered for classes before Monday, August 1, 2014.
Moving to Campus Early?
N.U.B.E. Camp Contacts
Lincoln Campus:Laura Grobeck
College of Engineering
Omaha Campus:Alma Ramirez-Rodgers
Assistant Director of College Relations / Student Programs