Research Labs and Groups
- Bioseparations and Biomaterials GroupThis lab aids in better understanding the role of matrix architecture and matrix mechanical properties on the biosynthetic activity and metabolic activities of chondrocytes that are seeded and maintained on such scaffolds. Another active area is in the area of bioreactors for the development of engineered tissues.
- Innovative Design and Ergonomic Analysis LabThe Innovative Design and Ergonomic Analysis Lab was established in 2002 to study the ergonomics of the upper limb. It is located in Nebraska Hall 301.
- Robotics and Mechatronics LabFrom creating robotic safety markers for highways and tiny surgical instruments to sophisticated mechanisms for future planetary exploration, our faculty and students are on the cutting edge of the robotics field.
- Telecommunications Engineering Laboratory
- Tractor Test LabThe University of Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory (NTTL) is the officially designated tractor testing station for the United States and tests tractors according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) codes.