S.G.M. Hossain (Mamur) completed his M.S. degree in 2010 from the Department of Mehcanical Engineering of UNL. His research topic was "Material Modeling and Analysis for the Development of a Realistic Blast Head-form." Mamur earned his B.Sc. degree from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology in 2007 with the concentration of Robotics and Mechatronics. He was the team member of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Robocon annual robot contest for three consecutive years (Beijing 2005, Kuala Lumpur 2006 and Hanoi 2007). Mamur is currently doing his PhD at UNL under the supervision of Dr. Carl Nelson and performing research on "Self Reconfigurable Modular Robotics." - a project funded by NASA.
Trauma Mechanics Work
- Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering) University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Lincoln, NE; (current student)
- M.S. (Mechanical Engineering) University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Lincoln, NE; 2010
- B.S. (Mechanical Engineering) Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh; 2007
- 2009 Research Assistant: Dept of Mechanical Engineering, UNL (current).
- 2008 Research Assistant: Dept of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
- 2008 Graduate Teaching Assistant: Dept of Mechanical Engineering, UNL. Taught "Elements of Materials Science Laboratory."
- Panasonic Award, Asia‐Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Robocon Robot Contest, Beijing
- Undergraduate scholarship of the Board of Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Development of Automatic Guided Vehicles for Industrial Logistics Applications in Developing Countries Using Appropriate Technology
- A Novel Vending Machine for Supplying Root Canal Tools During Surgery