- Ph.D. (physical chemistry, magna cum laude) Institute of Physical Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland, 2004.
- M.S. (chemistry) University of Podlasie, Siedlce, Poland, 1999.
- 2009 Analytical and Materials Characterization Instrumentation Specialist: BM3 Instrumentation Facility, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- 2007 Research Assistant Professor Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- 2004 Post-doctoral Research Associate Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- 1999 Research Assistant Ph.D. program, Institute of Physical Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
- M. Skotak, Letter to the Editor (on the plagiarism and inappropriate data interpretation), Carb. Pol., 85 (2011) 1-3. [ScienceDirect] Download.
- M. Skotak, S. Noriega, G. Larsen and A. Subramanian, “Electrospun cross-linked gelatin fibers with controlled diameter: The effect of matrix stiffness on proliferative and biosynthetic activity of chondrocytes cultured in vitro”, J. Biomed. Mater. Res. A, 95A (2010), 828-836. [Wiley]
- M. Skotak, G. Larsen, “Visible Light Absorbing Biocompatible Polymers Based on L-lactide and Aminosugars: Preparation and Characterization”, Polym. Int., 59 (2010), 1331–1338 [Wiley]
- M. Skotak, A. P. Leonov, G. Larsen, S. Noriega and A. Subramanian, “Biocompatible and biodegradable ultrafine fibrillar scaffold materials for tissue engineering by facile grafting of L-lactide onto chitosan", Biomacromolecules 9 (2008) 1902-1908. [ACS]
- G. Larsen and M. Skotak, “Co-solvent mediated fiber diameter and fiber morphology control in electrospinning of sol–gel formulations”, J. Non-Cryst.Solids 354 (2008) 5547-5554 [ScienceDirect]
- M. Skotak, G. Larsen, “Solution chemistry control to make well defined submicron continuous fibres by electrospinning: the (CH3CH2CH2O)4Ti/AcOH/poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) system”, J. Mater. Chem., 16 (2006) 3031-3039 [RSC]
- Y.X. Xu, M. Skotak, M. Hanna, “Electrospray encapsulation of water-soluble protein with polylactide. I. Effects of formulations and process on morphology and particle size”, J. Microencapsulation, 23 (2006) 69-78 [Informa Healthcare]