Aaron earned his associates degree in Machine Tool CAD/CAM from SCC Milford in 2003. He shortly worked as a machinist before returning to UNL for his mechanical engineering degree received 2007. Aaron joined the engineering mechanics Masters program in 2008 after working at BD for one year. He is currently finishing characterization of UNL’s shock tubes designed for IED blast wave simulation. After graduation he will continue working at UNL in shock tube facility development and operation.
Trauma Mechanics Work
- M.S. (Engineering Mechanics) University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Lincoln, NE; Since 2008 (current student)
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering) University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Lincoln, NE; 2007
- A.A.S. (Machine Tool CAD/CAM) Southeast Community College, Milford, Nebraska; 2003
- 2010 Senior Engineer Lab Manager: Dept of Engineering mechanics, UNL. Management of engineering lab, including the shock tube.
- 2009 Research Assistant: Dept of Engineering Mechanics, UNL. Lead student developer of UNL’s shockwave generation facility; responsibilities included: shock tube design, oversight of gas system design, controller and data acquisition system design, acquisition of all components needed for the lab.
- 2007 BD Medical – Pharmaceutical Systems Process Engineer for glass syringes forming machines. Responsibilities included: validations of machines and process; designing and implementing process controls to reduce defects (i.e. Tungsten in the tip, clipped flange defects); machine improvements and development; management of 10 technicians while working in SCF area; performed procedure changes resulting in savings of $105,000.
- 2006 Shanghai Automotive Company: Huizhong (IAESTE internship). Researched existing automotive technology related to Huizhong’s mini bus, touring manufacturing facilities, and teaching technical English with American culture.
- 1998 Norfolk Specialties Inc. (Metal machining and fabrication shop) Maintained the shop and its systems, welding projects, machining parts, assisting customers, repairing / rebuilding machines. Designed and built workstations, organization racks, and tools for the shop and customers.
- Molex Scholarship
- Regents Scholarship
- 2-Year UCARE Grant Recipient
- Nucor Foundation Scholarship