- February 2018: VA attends the Gordon Research Conference on Batteries in Ventura, CA.
- October 2017: VA receives a research grant from the American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund (ACS PRF) for research on catalytic CO2 conversion.
- May 2017: Our group is granted National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) allocation award supported by the Department of Energy.
- April 2017: Our group receives XSEDE high-performance computing resource allocation award supported by National Science Foundation.
- April 2017: VA is one of the six recipients of Nebraska EPSCoR FIRST Award this year.
- February 2017: Nadia and Jason are both accepted and partially funded by the organizers to attend NSF/CECAM School on Computational Materials Science in July 2017, Lausanne, Switzerland. Congrats!
- December 2016: VA receives a joint Interdisciplinary Research Grant from UNL with Prof. Jian Wang from the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering.
- November 2016: Our NSF MRSEC seed project is renewed for the second year.
- September 2016: We welcome Kaellen Miller to our group! Kaellen is a UNL undergraduate chemical engineering major and UCARE recipient.
- May 2016: Nadia Intan joins our group as a graduate student. Welcome!
- April 2016: VA receives the Layman Award from the University of Nebraska Foundation to support the project "Rational Design of Electrolytes for Next-Generation Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries from First-Principles Modeling."
- February 2016: Dr. Konstantin Klyukin joins the group as a postdoctoral researcher. Welcome Konstantin!
- January 2016: Zhen Jiang (Jason) joins the group as a graduate student. Welcome Jason!
- December 2015: VA receives his first grant at UNL — NSF MRSEC seed project “Understanding Electronic, Transport and Defect Properties of Low-Dimensional Ferroelectric Systems from First-Principles” and will be working in collaboration with Prof. Alexei Gruverman from the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- September 2015: VA arrives to Lincoln, NE, to start his research at UNL.