Engineering Ambassador Network Application
Sorry, the deadline has passed. We will recruit again, Spring, 2019.
- Applicants must be available from April 6-8 (12pm, Friday to 12pm Sunday) to attend an initial training workshop in Lincoln.
- Applicants must be available for weekly 1 hour EA meetings (Wed. evenings at 7pm).
- Applicants must be a full time undergraduate/graduate engineering student.
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or greater (Freshmen, 3.5 or greater in high school).
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ambassadors’ participation is requested for the entirety of an academic year, with the option to continue participation on a yearly basis.
- Applications are due on Feb. 28, 2018, and will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- You will be contacted for a brief interview where you will give a short presentation.
- Selection will be based on good academic standing, active participation on-campus and the surrounding community, and the application responses and interview.
- 10-12 new candidates will be selected from both Omaha and Lincoln campuses.
Engineering Ambassadors Workshop, April 6-8, 2018
This weekend workshop features the special communication training that is the hallmark of the Engineering Ambassadors Network. During the workshop, Engineering Ambassadors (EAs) work in teams to build a 10 - 15 minute outreach presentation. However, the presentation style is unlike most typical engineering communication – think TED talk, rather than boring conference presentation. EAs will walk away with newfound confidence in public speaking that they can apply to outreach, their academic career, and professional pursuits. The workshop also offers a valuable opportunity for EAs to network with each other. The experience of attending this workshop forms lasting bonds between students.
To Apply, please fill out the following form. Don't forget to attach documents. You should receive a confirmation after submission.