Roger Hoy, Ph.D.
Personal Links:• Nebraska Test Laboratory
Professional Memberships:• American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
• International Standards Organization
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Ph.D., Biological and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University
- M.S., Biological and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University
- B.S., Agricultural Engineering, University of Georgia
- 15% Teaching
- 35% Research
- 50% NE Tractor Test Laboratory
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Tractor and Machinery Test Technology
- Off-road vehicle design
- Tractor performance
Honors and Awards
- 2016 UNL Parent Association Recognition Award
- 2015 ASABE Fellow
- 2015 UNL Parent Association Recognition Award
- 2014 ASABE SMV Award
- 2013 UNL Parent Association Recognition Award
- 2011 ASABE Rosentretor Award
- 2010 ASABE Blue Ribbon Paper Award
- 2009 ASABE Standards Development Award
- 2008 ANSI Next Generation Award
- 2006 ASABE Presidential Citation
Keller, J.K., Kranz, W., Hoy, R.M., Martin, D.L. (2015). Applying data from Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory to Predict Bare Diesel Engine Performance. Applied Engineering in Agriculture.
Marx, S.E., Luck, J., Hoy, R.M., Pitla, S., Blankenship, E., Darr, M.J. (2015). Validation of machine CAN bus J1939 fuel rate accuracy using Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory fuel rate data. Validation of machine CAN bus J1939 fuel rate accuracy using Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory fuel rate data. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168169915002586
Hoy, R., Rohrer. R., Liska, A., Luck, J., Isom, L., Keshwani, D. (2014) Agricultural Industry Advanced Vehicle Technology: Benchmark Study for Reduction in Petroleum Use. Idaho National Laboratory.
Howard, C.N., Kocher, M.F., Hoy, R.M., Blankenship, E. (2013). Testing the fuel efficiency of tractors with continuously variable and standard geared transmissions. Transactions of the ASABE, 56, 869-879.
Kelly A.M., Lammers, A., Jones, D.D., Stowell, R., Hoy, R., Curtis, E., Pannier, A.K. 2013. Implementation of a “rapid design challenge” in a cross-disciplinary senior capstone course and evaluation of device performance. American Society for Engineering Education Conference Proceedings, June 23-26, 2013, Atlanta, GA.
Kocher, M.F., Adamchuk, V., Smith, J.A., Hoy, R.M. (2011). Verifying power claims of high-power agricultural tractors without a PTO to Sell in Nebraska. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 27, 711-715.