Graduate Student (MS)
M.S. - CIVE
M.S. - CIVE
- Bsc., Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska – Lincoln (UNL), USA, 2019
- REGA Engineering Group, Inc., Civil Engineer III, Jan/2022 – Present.
- University of Nebraska Office of the President – Facilities, Planning & Capital Programs, Civil Engineer/ Project Manager, Jan/2020 to December/2021
Area of Research and Professional Interest
- Structural Engineering
- Structural Analysis and Design
- Building Materials
- “Testing and Modelling of Polymeric Materials for Resilient Infrastructures”, UCARE – UNL, (Sept. 2018-August 2019)
- “Retrofitting the existing structures with Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene to make it resilient against blast loads”, UCARE – UNL, (Sept. 2017-April 2018)
Publications and Presentations
- Murtaza Nalwala, Shayan Gholami, Dr. Yong-Rak Kim. "Investigation in Mechanical Properties of Synthetic Short-Cut Fiber-Reinforced Mortars", Novel Approaches To Sustainable Infrastructure Solutions (NASIS 2021) – ACI TAMU, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas, USA. March 2021
- Murtaza Nalwala, Dr. Gabriel Nsengiyumva, Dr. Yong-Rak Kim. “Assessing Impact and Blast Resilience of Polymer Coated Cementitious Materials”, UNL Spring 2019 Research Fair, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA. April 2019
- Co-Advisor, University Of Nebraska Cricket Club (UNCC) at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. (2021 – Present)
- Vice-President, University of Nebraska Cricket Club (UNCC) at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. (2020-2021)
- President, India Student Association (ISA) at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln (2017-2020)
- Recording Secretary, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Lincoln Student Chapter at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. (2017-2018)
- Social Chair, Engineers Without Borders (EWB) – Lincoln Chapter at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
Honors and Awards
- 2nd Prize in Novel Approaches To Sustainable Infrastructure Solutions (NASIS 2021), March 2021.
- Top Undergraduate Engineering Poster (UNL Spring 2019 Research Fair), April 2019.
- eSAB student of the month, November 2016.