CHME - Graduate Admission Application Checklist
Graduate Admission Application Checklist
We practice holistic admissions and review all application materials.
In fairness to all applicants, our Department will not
extend conditional admission consideration to any applicant. Emails sent directly to the faculty and staff of the Department will not be evaluated for potential of acceptance. All applicants are required to complete the entire application process and pay the $50 application fee before their application will be reviewed by our Graduate Committee.
Required by the UNL Office of Graduate Studies
Required by the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Entrance Exam: GRE
All applicants for admission must take the verbal, quantitative and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and should arrange to have their scores reported to the Graduates Studies Office at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln at the earliest possible date since action on admitting the applicant will not be taken until these scores are received. UNL's institution code is 6877. You do not need to enter a departmental code as all scores are processed centrally. Scores must be less than 2 years old.
Competitive applicants usually receive above our minimum GRE scores below:
- - Test taken prior to November 1, 2011 - 400 verbal, 700 quantitative.
- - Test taken after November 1, 2011 - 146 verbal, 155 quantitative.
Students who are prior graduates of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln are not required to take the GRE. The Department reserves the right to consider admission without GRE in exceptional cases.
Effective November 1, 2013, the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering will no longer accept scores from the old format of the GRE exam.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL
All international applicants must complete the TOEFL with the following minimum scores: Paper-550, Computer-213, Internet-80. Note that the Chemical & Biomolecular minimum scores are higher than the published University minimum scores.
- Verify the following information before submitting application:
NOTE: After you complete the application you must "SUBMIT" your application for review. Your application will remain in "Submitted" status until the application deadline.
- Personal contact information
- Academic history and credentials (official GRE and TOEFL scores will be verified by UNL Graduate Studies and then locked)
- Previous institutions attended (a reminder to upload an unoffical copy of your transcripts to your MyRed account )
- Area(s) of research interest (selected from a drop-down list)
- Other Information (descriptions of any relevant teaching, research, or volunteer experience not highlighted on your resume)
- Enter the names and contact information (including email addresses) for three(3) individuals who will serve as your references.
- Questions about reference letters should be directed to Nicole Church, email@example.com
- Upload One-page letter of intent or statement of purpose
- Upload Curriculum vitae or resume
- Upload Any other supporting documents that may aid the Department in making your admission decision. (Examples: PDF of a published article or research poster presented at a national conference)
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING EVENTS