CHME - Graduate Admission Review Process
Graduation Admission Review Process
- The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Graduate Committee meets approximately two weeks after the published application deadline for the approaching term and performs a group review of all completed applications. For example, after the September 1st deadline, the Committee will arrange to meet for the first time approximately September 16.
- If you submit your application early, it will not be reviewed until the Committee meets.
- Dependent on the number of applications, the Committee may need to meet multiple times to finalize their decisions.
- If your application is not complete by the deadline - including all letters of reference and official test scores received - it will not be reviewed in the initial group round. It is the Graduate Committee's discretion whether or not to review late applications. They may choose to:
- review your application at a later date
- defer the review of your application until the following term
- deny your application for the reason "Incomplete application by the published deadline." It is important that you complete your application by the deadline.
- You will know that the review has been completed and informed of the admission decision in the following ways:
- You will be sent an email by the Department informing you of the admission decision.
- The Office of Graduate Studies will send you a Certificate of Admission or a letter of denial.
- If you are admitted and awarded funding in the form of a fellowship, graduate teaching assistantship, or graduate research fellowship, the Department will send you a formal letter of offer outlining the details of your award. You will be required to respond to this offer by the date published in the letter.
- The entire review process takes approximately 6 weeks.. For example, applicants who submit materials by the September 1st deadline will be notified no later than October 15.
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING EVENTS