CHME - UOL - Air Tanks and Water Tanks
Air Tanks and Water Tanks
- 3 interacting air tanks in series and 3 water tanks that may be operated in an interacting or non-interacting manner.
- Influent air and water are controlled by a Fisher® control valve.
- Pressures and levels are monitored by Rosemount® pressure transmitters.
- Equipment is operated using the DeltaV™ DCS.
- Alarms and interlocks are present for process safety.
Possible Experimental Objectives
- Use of 1, 2, or 3 tanks with goal of modeling pressure or level.
- Control of any tank pressure or level using feedback, cascade, feedforward, or deadtime compensation control schemes.
- Semi-batch filling or draining of a tank or series of tanks.
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING EVENTS