CHME - UOL - Batch Distillation
- 6 sieve trays with a partial reboiler and total condenser.
- Equipment can be operated as a traditional batch rectification column or an inverted batch stripping column.
- Column is operated using the DeltaV™ DCS.
- Thermocouples and sample ports on each tray allow for temperature and liquid composition data to be collected.
- Alarms and interlocks are present for process safety.
Possible Experimental Objectives
- Batch stripping or rectification of binary or tertiary mixture.
- Measuring of pressure drops across each tray using a single component.
- Energy balances to determine heat loss.
- Temperature inferred composition control.
- Rayleigh analysis to predict and analyze changing compositions.
- Process modeling for predicting and fitting data incorporating pressure drop, heat loss, tray efficiency, and non-ideal vapor-liquid equilibrium.
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING EVENTS