CHME - UOL - Fluid Properties
- Three feed tanks containing liquids with different viscosities and densities.
- Gear pump equipped with a variable frequency drive (VFD) to manipulate pump speed.
- Micromotion® Coriolis meter to measure flow and density.
- Rosemount® differential pressure transmitter to measure the pressure drop across a straight length of tubing.
- An inline heater is present to heat the fluid if desired.
- Equipment is operated using the DeltaV™ DCS.
- Rupture disc and an unloader are present for process safety.
Possible Experimental Objectives
- Determination of the solution viscosity based on the measured flow rate, mass density, and pressure drop across a given length of tubing.
- Comparison of the head loss and Reynolds number values for fluids with different physical properties.
- Investigate the effects of fluid temperature on viscosity and Reynolds number.
College of Engineering Upcoming Events