Chris Tuan , PhD, PE, SE, F.ASCE
• Conductive Concrete featured on CBS - Innovation Nation
• EMP Proof Shotcrete Construction by ABC Group
- Ph.D. Structures, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983
- M.S. Mechanics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1980
- M.S. Structures, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1979
- B.S. Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1977
- Finite Element Modeling
- Specialized Concrete
- Structural Dynamics
- Weapons Effects
- Blast-resistant Design
- 2016 - T.C. Graham Award, Association for Iron & Steel Technology
- 2014-2017 - Visiting Professor, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
- 2013 - UNL Civil Engineering Faculty Recognition Award
- 2011 - Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Gladstone, Australia
- 2009 - ASCE Fellow
- 2009 - Best Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Cold Regions Engineering (2006-2008)
- 2008 - Research & Creativity Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2007 - Distinguished Visiting Professor, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan, China
- 2004 - Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter
- 2004 - Multi-disciplinary Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2003 - Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter
- 1995 - Who's Who in Science and Engineering
Rao, R., Wang, H.F., Wang, H.H., Tuan, C.Y., Ye, M.,"Models for estimating the thermal properties of electric heating concrete containing steel fiber and graphite." Composites Part B, November 12, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2018.11.053
Zhao, R., Tuan, C.Y., Luo, B., and Xu, A.,"Radiant heating utilizing conductive concrete tiles." Building and Environment, November 1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2018.10.059
Rao, R., Fu, J.Y., Chan, Y., Tuan, C.Y., Liu, C.H.,"Steel Fiber Confined Graphite Concrete for Pavement Deicing." Composites Part B, Vol.155, December 15, 2018, pp.187-196, http://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2018.08.013
Tadros, M.K., Girgis, A.M., Tuan, C.Y., Alex, A.A.,"Simplified design for positive restraint continuity moment in bridge girders." PCI Journal, 63(4), July-August 2018, pp.62-78.
Zhao, R., Tuan, C.Y., Xu, A., and Fan, D.B.,"Conductivity of ionically-conductive mortar under repetitive electrical heating." Construction & Building Materials, Vol.173, June 10, 2018, pp. 730-739. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.04.074
Zhao, R., Tuan, C.Y., Fan, D., Xu, A., and Luo, B., "Ionically Conductive Mortar for Electrical Heating." ACI Materials Journal, Vol.114, No.6, November-December 2017, pp.923-933.
Liu, C.H, Fu, J.Y., Pi, Y.L., Tuan, C.Y., and Liu, A.R., "Influence of Demolished Concrete Blocks on Mechanical Properties of Recycled Blend Concrete." Construction & Building Materials, Vol.136, April 1, 2017, pp. 329-347. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.01.030
Tuan, C.Y., and Dass, W.C., "Expedient airfield runway repair using folded fiberglass mat." International Journal of Pavement Engineering, December 20, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2014.993188
Tuan, C.Y., "Equipment Fragility due to Shock Response." Journal of Testing and Evaluation, ASTM, August 23, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1520/JTE20130018
Tuan, C. Y. "Ground Shock Resistance of Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls." International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, July 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000342
Deng, Y., and Tuan, C.Y. "Design for Concrete-filled Circular Steel Tubes under Lateral Impact," ACI Structural Journal, 110(4), July-August 2013, pp.691-702.
Geringer, J.R., Tuan, C.Y., and Lindsey, P.D. "Assessment of Software for Blast Loading and Structural Response Analysis Using a Lightweight Steel-Joist Roof as a Test Case," Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, Vol. 27, No. 2, April 2013, pp.144–154. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000299
Krause, A.P., Nguyen, L., Tuan, C.Y., and Blasey, J.D. Conductive Concrete: A Shielding Construction Material, Journal of Radiation Effects, Engineering and Research, 31(1), February 2013, pp.151-158.
Gerbino-Bevins, B.M., Tuan, C.Y., and Mattison, M. Evaluation of Ice Melting Capacities of Deicing Chemicals, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 40(6), American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM), November 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1520/JTE104460
Tuan, C.Y. Drop Weight Testing on Sandwich Panels with a Novel Thermoplastic Core Material, Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 14(3), May 2012, pp.325-338. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1099636212444748
Deng, Y., Tuan, C.Y., and Xiao, Y. Behavior of Concrete-filled Circular Steel Tubes under High-strain Rate Impact Loading, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 138(3), March 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000464.
Deng, Y., Norton, T.R., and Tuan, C.Y. Numerical Analysis of the Structural Strength of Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes, Structures and Buildings, 164(1), February 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/stbu.11.00001
An, J., Tuan, C.Y., Cheeseman, B.A., and Gazonas, G.A. Simulation of Soil Behavior under Blast Loading,”International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, 11(4), July/August 2011, pp.323-334. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000086
Sarmah, R.D., and Tuan, C.Y. Three-Dimensional Security Barrier Impact Response Modeling, International Journal of Nonlinear Science, 11(2), April 2011, pp.236-245.
Deng, Y., Tuan, C.Y., Zhou, Q., and Xiao, Y. Flexural Strength Analysis of Non-post-tensioned and Post-tensioned Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 67(2), February 2011, pp.192-202.