Ashraf Aly HassanAdjunct Research Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati (2010)
- M.Sc. Urban Environmental Management, Wageningen University (2004)
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Cairo University (2000)
- Emission control technologies
- Biological treatment of recalcitrant air toxics
- Use of innovative technology in atmospheric and indoor air pollution control, treatment, fate, transport of emerging contaminants
- Advanced water/wastewater treatment processes development
Ashraf has over 15 years of experience practicing environmental engineering with an emphasis on air quality. He is a licensed professional engineer in Nebraska. He served as the R&D team leader at BioAir Solutions and wrote air pollution permits for high profile industries at the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality. He was an ORISE post-doctoral fellow at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (USEPA) National Risk Management Research Laboratory.
Ashraf has two patents and over 40 peer reviewed publications. He has been the recipient of two prestigious Air and Waste Management Association awards; Feldstein memorial scholarship and the 2011 PhD dissertation award.
Research areas encompass emission control technologies, biological treatment of recalcitrant air toxics, use of innovative technology in atmospheric and indoor air pollution control, treatment, fate, transport of emerging contaminants, and advanced water/wastewater treatment processes development.