- Ph.D., Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1991
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1989
- B.S., Biology, Kearney State College, Kearney, NE, 1972
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Decision Analysis for Natural Resources Management
- Water Quality Modeling
- Best Management Practices for Stormwater Management
Apr 08, 2016: Civil engineering team's paper wins ASCE Hering Medal
Honors and Awards
- Holling Teaching/Advising/Mentoring Award, 2006
- Analysis of Frequency, Magnitude and Consequence of Worst-Case Spills From the Proposed Keystone XL Pipeline
- Stansbury, J., L. Kozimor, D. Admiraal, E. Dove. Water Quality Modeling of the Effects of Macrophytes on Dissolved Oxygen in a Shallow Tailwater Reservoir. Lake and Reservoir Management: Journal of the North American Lake Management Society. 24 (339-348) 2008.
- Reinsch, C. D. Admiraal, B. Dvorak, C. Cecrle, T. Franti, and J. Stansbury. 2007. Yard Waste Compost as a Stormwater Protection Treatment for Construction Sites. Water Environ. Res., Vol. 79.
- Adelman, D.D., J. Stansbury. 2007. Time Series analysis of Nebraska Daily Rainfall Data to Simulate Atrazine Runoff. JAWRA. 43(3):651-663.
- Krause, T., J. Stansbury, B. Dvorak, D. Admiraal, and A. Young. (2008). "Development of a Scoring System for Construction-Site BMP Assessment", Stormwater, January/February, 2008.