Shaobin LiGraduate Student (PhD)
- Environmental life cycle assessment on emerging technologies
- Innovations at the Nexus of Food, Energy and Water Systems (INFEWS)
- Large scale optimization
- Human health assessment
- Programming: R, Python, Bash (Unix shell), Parallel computing using SLURM job scheduler
- Software: SimaPro, openLCA, ArcGIS, @Risk, DSSAT, GREET, MODFLOW
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL),2019
- B.Eng., Chemical and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Zhengzhou University, China, 2014
- College of Engineering Graduate Student Teaching Fellow, 2018-2019
- Maude Hammond Fling Fellowship for the 2018-2019 Academic Year, 2018 –2019
- Graduate Student Poster Award, 3rd Place, Water for Food Global Conference, 2019
- ISIE Conference Scholarship, 10th International Conference on Industrial Ecology, 2019
- Student Leadership Award in LCA, ACLCA XVIII conference, 2018
- Gordon Research Seminar and Conference Student Travel Grant, US NSF, 2018
- Nebraska American Water Works Association (AWWA), Colonel Leisen Memorial Scholarship, 2017
- Student Presentation Award at AWWA & NWEA Joint Fall Conference, Kearney, NE, 2017
- Student Poster Award, 2nd Place, ACLCA XVII Conference, 2017
- College of Engineering Graduate Student Conference Travel Award, UNL, 2017&2019
- Nebraska Water Environment Association (NWEA) Scholarship, 2015&2016
- Li, S., Dvorak, B. I., Subbiah, J. “Environmental and occupational impacts from U.S. beef slaughtering are of same magnitude of beef foodborne illnesses on human health”, Environment International 129, 507-516.
- Li, S., Kinser, C., Ziara, R. M., Dvorak, B. I., Subbiah, J. 2018. “Environmental and economic implications of food safety interventions: Life cycle and operating cost assessment of antimicrobial systems in US beef packing industry”, J. Clean. Prod.,198, 541-550.
- Li, S., Ziara, R., Dvorak, B. I., Subbiah, J., 2018. “Assessment of water and energy use at process level in U.S. beef packing industry: case study in a typical U.S. large-size plant”. J. Food Process Eng., e12919.
- Ziara, R., Li, S., Subbiah, J., Dvorak, B. I., 2018. “Characterization of Wastewater in Two US Cattle Slaughterhouses”, Water Environ Res., 90(9), 851–863(13).
- Ziara, R., Li, S., Dvorak, B. I., Subbiah, J., 2016. “Water and Energy Use of Antimicrobial Interventions in a Mid-Size Beef Packing Plant”, Appl. Eng. Agric., 32(6), 873-879.