College Announces Winners of Student Awards, Scholarships
Fifty students received College of Engineering awards and scholarships this spring.
- Katie Vlock, civil engineering, received the Al and Dorothy Schewe Leadership Award, given to a student who demonstrates outstanding leadership and involvement in the college and the university.
- Winners of the 2007 O.J. Ferguson Outstanding Leadership awards, given to students who demonstrate outstanding leadership in the college, are Brent Hansen, sophomore, biological systems engineering; Andrew Schroll, junior, mechanical engineering; and Erica Levorson, senior, biological systems engineering.
- The Sigma Tau Chapter of Tau Beta Phi, the engineering honor society, has awarded scholarships to: Hong Wei Tan, mechanical engineering; Megan Krause, biological systems engineering; Robert Mumgaard, mechanical engineering; Issar Yazhbin, biological systems engineering; and Jeffrey Hoover, electrical engineering.
- The Departmental Outstanding Senior Awards are given annually to recognize students who have been outstanding in academics, research, student involvement and volunteer service. The 2007 recipients are: Agricultural Engineering-Bart Coffman; Architectural Engineering-Clayton Miller; Biological Systems Engineering-Nicholas Tomsen; Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering-Mitchell Mundt; Civil Engineering-Josh Mellinger and Christie Hasenkamp; Computer Engineering-Brandon Smith; Computer and Electronics Engineering-Luke Christiansen; Construction Management-Jason Villalobos; Construction Systems-Nicholas Haynes; Electrical Engineering-Craig Zuhlke; Industrial and Management Systems Engineering-Lauren Tietgen; and Mechanical Engineering-Shane Unick.
- Jenna Rihanek, civil engineering and architecture, won the James S. Blackman Scholarship for Excellence in Engineering ($5,000).
- These 24 students have received Milton E. Mohr scholarships ($1,000 each): David J. Bennier, civil engineering; Ryan C. Carlson, electrical engineering; Jesse Deffenbaugh, construction management; Jason P. Eden, industrial and management systems engineering; Emily A. Guthrie, chemical engineering; Brant Hubbard, biochemistry; Brian D. Irish, electrical engineering; Grant A. Jacobson, chemical engineering; Wendy Keeler, mechanical engineering; Shannon M. Killion, biological systems engineering; Bahar Laderian, electrical engineering; Erica Levorson, biological systems engineering; Andrew Lingenfelter, mechanical engineering; Sarah A. Manning, industrial and management systems engineering; Michaela McBride, biological systems engineering; Chiev V. Nuyen, chemical engineering; Tim L. Ockinga, construction management; Eric J. Ohnoutka, chemical engineering; Lee K. Redden, mechanical engineering; Jenna Rihanek, civil engineering and architecture; MinJeong Schneider, chemical engineering; Justine Smith, industrial and management systems engineering; John B. Tooker, computer engineering; and Luke Wilson, computer engineering.
- In addition to current students, four incoming students also have received engineering scholarships:
Louis J. Kash Scholarship ($1,000)-Erick Ryan Schmidt, Lexington High School Lester V. and Helen R. Jones Scholars ($5,000)-Ian Barger, Adam Thorne and Anthony Vincente, all of Lincoln Northeast High School.
Submit a Story