Covid 19 - Faculty/Instructors
Fall 2020 On-Campus Experience
As we resume in-person classes and other operations for Fall semester, we want to keep our faculty, staff, students and others informed as best we can.
For questions concerning PPE distribution and college safety procedures, contact Jeremy Kellas, project manager. Questions concerning research should be directed to Mark Riley, associate dean for research.
Check the UNL Health & Safety site frequently for updates: https://covid19.unl.edu/health-safety.
College of Engineering Updates:
- N-E RIDE – The shuttle buses will run beginning Monday, Aug. 24 using the same schedule as Fall 2019 (see N-E Ride); social distancing practices will be followed: buses will run at half capacity (approx. 16-17 riders) with staggered seating, face masks will be required, and other procedures may be implemented. The shuttle schedule may change without notice.
- COLLEGE CARS – Until further notice, the college will not check out cars in Lincoln or Omaha, due to cleaning and safety procedures. Vehicles can be rented via University Fleet Management.
- PPE ORDERS – To order PPE (free) for instructional uses, go to the UNL Marketplace for wellness supplies.
Health & Safety
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – We are following proper population density practices, including in classrooms, labs, open spaces, elevators, stairwells, etc.
- HAND SANITIZER – The Engineering Complex has large hand sanitizing stations for general use; follow signage in the restrooms concerning proper hand-washing; the facilities at PKI are still under evaluated.
- FACE COVERINGS – In all buildings on the campuses of UNL and UNO (including Scott Technology Center in Omaha), face coverings are required at all times, with some exceptions: university face covering policy.
- N-E RIDE – Shuttles will continue to run on schedule through December 18, 2020 (see N-E Ride); social distancing practices will be followed: buses will run at half capacity (approx. 16-17 riders) with staggered seating, face masks will be required, and other procedures may be implemented. The shuttle schedule may change without notice.
- IT/AV Support – For Zoom, software and video editing assistance, contact IT/AV Support
- COLLEGE CARS – College cars are not available for Fall Semester (vehicles can be rented via University Fleet Management). One-person-per-vehicle is the rule for university-sponsored travel.
- CONFERENCE ROOMS – Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Dean’s Suite Conference Rooms in OTHM 114d and PKI 100 will not be available for reservations or gatherings.
- ROOM CAPABILITIES – COE Room List: Seat count for Technology
- ROOM RESERVATIONS – Large public spaces (such as OTHM Lobby and OTHM 2nd floor atrium) will not be available for events or reservations.
- TRAVEL – Nonessential travel should be at a minimum and all requests will be reviewed by the Dean. Anyone traveling out-of-state or internationally should self-quarantine for 14 days when they return per current CDC guidelines.
- RESEARCH PLANNING – The UNL Office of Research and Economic Development’s COVID-19 site offers details on health and safety, reopening plans and checklists, guidelines and FAQs.
- PPE REQUESTS – Requests can be made on the ORED PPE Request page.
- PROPOSALS – Information on the submission of proposals, conduct of projects and allowable costs on existing awards during COVID-19 can be found HERE.
- LABS – Any guidelines not typically offered by ORED or UNL may be reviewed by the Associate Dean for Research and College Dean prior to implementation.