Registration for NUBE will open in Spring 2020!
The 2020 Nebraska Undergraduates Becoming Engineers (NUBE) Experience is an exciting FREE welcome event for first-year students, designed to connect you to other engineering students, faculty, and your major before your first day of class. All new University of Nebraska College of Engineering first-year students are expected to attend the entire NUBE Experience - both the On Campus portion and the Industry Tour Day portion.
Schedule Overview: August 20-21, 2020
|At which campus will you be enrolled?||Move-In Dates
||Thursday, August 20||
Friday, August 21
NUBE Industry Tour Day
|Omaha||Each residence hall varies.
Dates listed here.
|NUBE Experience On Campus
Peter Kiewit Institute
- NUBE Day 1: On Campus - You'll join fellow new students in getting oriented to the college, making friends, and building your community through welcome events. Takes place on the campus at which you are enrolled for the year (City Campus in Lincoln, or Scott Campus in Omaha).
- NUBE Day 2: Industry Tour Day - You will board buses on your respective campus to tour multiple engineering locations in Omaha, NE, highlighting industry sites and projects related to your major.
By attending this event, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet other new and current engineering students, faculty, and staff in your academic department and in the College of Engineering.
- Network with representatives from engineering industry, including many Nebraska alumni.
- Tour Omaha-area engineering locations to learn more about what engineers do, and learn about future employment and internship opportunities on the Industry Tour Day.
There is no cost to students to register for NUBE, but you are responsible for any early move-in costs if applicable. Go to the "What to Expect" link to learn more.
Have a conflict? There are a few programs we know conflict. We support you attending those, but we encourage you to come to the parts of NUBE that don't overlap.We just need to know in advance. Check our FAQ page for details on conflicts.
All students participating in NUBE should plan to move in on Wednesday, August 21, or earlier. There are no fees assessed for move-in on Wednesday, August 21 or later, since that is the first day of regular move-in. NUBE is one of the special programs that is allowed to take advantage of Early Move-In at UNL, which allows you to override your even/odd floor assigned time. Through NUBE, you have the option of moving in to your residence hall room early at your own expense. The nightly rate is $36 for each day you want move-in prior to Wednesday, August 21. From our experience, many students, parents, and guests prefer the early move-in option because it beats the crowds and long lines at the elevators during normal move-in.
You can move in as early as Sunday, August 18, 2019.
Important Steps for Move-In:
- ALL STUDENTS must complete the Move-In Time Sign-Up in the University Housing portal in MyRED, which opens July 10 at 8:00 AM. Remember, to participate in NUBE, we need you to select a move in time on August 21 or earlier, since NUBE starts the next morning. This will override your housing assignment's scheduled move-in.
- EARLY MOVE-IN ONLY: All students moving in before August 21 must also complete the Early Check-In Form, available on the University Housing portal in MyRED beginning July 10. The rate is $36 for each day you want to move in prior to August 21. More information here. If you are moving in prior to August 21, you may also want to sign up for an interim meal plan through the University Housing portal, since your regular meal plan will not begin until August 21. The interim meal plan is $26.90 per day, or you may choose to buy food off campus in the interim.
Any questions relating to move-in should be directed to Jen Skidmore and not the UNL University Housing office. All early move-in fees will be applied to your UNL student account following move-in.
Move-In dates and times for UNO are listed here. If you wish to move in earlier than your allowed move-in date, you should contact the appropriate staff member below based on your residence hall contract BEFORE JULY 31. An additional fee per night may apply based on your hall and contract. Please note that early move-in is not a guarantee and must be approved by the following individuals:
- Scott Hall: Scott Campus Leasing Office, email@example.com, 402-778-6541
- Maverick Village or University Village: firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-554-6605