AdvisingAs a current student, you will want to spend some time preparing for your advising appointment so you can get the most out of your meeting time.
Use these guidelines to prepare for your advising meeting:
- Review the four year plan for your program, and write down questions you might have
- Prepare a list of courses you would like to take, and bring that with you
- Think about the courses you are currently taking as well as your student life. Do not hesitate to talk about any struggles you might have with your academic and student life. Our advisors are here to help you succeed.
- If you are considering an internship, or have other academic ideas you would like to pursue, it is a good idea to talk about these future plans. Your advisor can help prepare you for the steps needed to reach these goals.
- Look at your long-term plan for courses. You don't want to have any surprises that could prevent you from graduating when you want to.
- Most important, be open and honest. If you are dealing with personal issues that are impacting your academic achievement, let your advisor know. He or she can help, or get you the resources you need. Your advisor cares about you as an individual and will go out of the way to ensure your goals are met.
Schedule an Advising Appointment with a Faculty AdvisorIf you are currently enrolled on the Omaha campus and have successfully completed the 3rd year worksheet/professional admission to AE, you will advise with faculty members. Each advising season, schedules are posted outside PKI 103C. These appointments are in 10 minute increments and are first-come, first-serve.
Email announcements when the schedules are available will be sent to juniors and seniors.