Welcome to the Nebraska College of Engineering!
Engineering Diplomats is a group of current engineering students who share their passion for engineering with others! We are here to welcome you and answer any questions you may have regarding resources, programs, disciplines, and entry into the College of Engineering.
Diplomats are an integral part of the college's outreach and recruitment efforts and are primarily responsible for representing the college at outreach and recruitment events, as well as helping admitted students make the transition into college life and promoting community within the College of Engineering. Diplomats also volunteer their time at Discover Engineering Days, an on campus outreach for middle school students, and for miscellaneous Admissions/Recruitment focused events.
- Generate awareness about engineering, both within the College and to the community
- Assist with on-campus outreach and recruitment events, such as Discover Engineering Days and Shadow Days
- Create an awareness of needed, or current, student services
- Recruit students through campus and outreach activities for the college
- Represent the College of Engineering on campus and in the community
- Further develop personal leadership and communication skills
- Act as an academic and campus resource for other engineering students
- Encourage student developmental opportunities (e.g., study abroad, research, and internships and co-ops)
- Build community in the College through coordinating large-scale social programs
Selection of new Diplomats will occur during September of each school year and will be ongoing throughout the year as needed. Once the program is underway, current Diplomats may continue their membership, as long as their commitment is shown to be consistent and strong.
Interested in becoming a diplomat?
If you are interested in becoming an Engineering Diplomat, please contact Sally Wei (firstname.lastname@example.org).